1. Each player chooses a character sheet (or they can be drawn at random). If there are fewer than four players, return unused character sheets to the box. Each player also chooses a colour (blue, yellow, black or orange) and takes two Action pawns of that colour.
2. Each player takes a Wound marker and places it on the square start space to the left of the Wound Track on their character sheet.
• In games with only one or two players, you are recommended not to use the Soldier character.
• In two-player games, as well as their own characters, players share an additional character, Friday, who has a card and a white action pawn.
• In solo games, as well as your own character, use both Friday (card and white action pawn) and Dog (card and purple action pawn).