1. Take the Mayor, Seer, and one Werewolf card, and add Villager cards so that the total number of cards is one more than the number of players. For example: with 6 players, use the Mayor, the Seer, one Werewolf, and four Villager cards (7 total).
If playing with 7-11 players, use two Werewolf cards. If playing with 12 or more players, use three Werewolf cards.
Note: As players become more familiar with the game and want more variety, role cards can be swapped out for other roles as desired! A game must always contain a Mayor, Seer or Fortune Teller, and at least one Werewolf. Always include more roles on the Villager team than on the Werewolf team combined.
2. Place the device with the Werewords app installed in a central place that everyone can see and hear it. Open the app and select the roles being used in this game (the Mayor is always in play, and does not need to be selected in the app). If this is your first time using the app, go to the settings and select the Deluxe Edition of Werewords (press the gear icon in the bottom right, and tap the appropriate box cover on top of the screen).
3. Place the Yes/No (/) tokens in the large compartment in the box and the Maybe () tokens in the small compartment. Slide the large Correct (), So Close (), and Way Way Off () tokens in between the plastic insert and the sides of the box.
4. Shuffle the cards and deal one face-down to each player, leaving one card in the center. Players look at their card secretly - this is their hidden role.
5. The player with the Mayor card reveals their card, then takes the center card and looks at it secretly - this is the Mayor's secret role. The player places the box with the tokens in front of themselves. If no player has the Mayor card, repeat step 4.