1. Take the Mayor, a Villager, a Werewolf, and either the Seer or Fortune Teller cards.
2. Place the device with the Werewords app installed in a central place that both players can see and hear it. Select the roles that are in play (the Mayor is always in play and does not need to be selected in the app). If this is your first time using the app, go to the settings and select the Deluxe Edition of Werewords (press the gear icon in the bottom right, and tap the appropriate box cover on top of the screen).
3. Place the Yes/No (/) tokens in the large compartment in the box and the Maybe () tokens in the small compartment. Slide the large Correct (), So Close (), and Way Way Off () tokens in between the plastic insert and the sides of the box.
4. Shuffle the cards and deal one face-down to each player, leaving one card in the center. Players look at their card secretly - this is their hidden role.
5. The player with the Mayor card reveals their card, then takes the center card and looks at it secretly - this is the Mayor's secret role. The player places the box with the tokens in front of themselves. If no player has the Mayor card, repeat step 4.