The competitive draft uses the following process:
1) Each player brings 5 different Champions that they choose before the game or tournament.
2) The first player chooses 1 of the second player’s Champions. This Champion cannot be drafted this game.
3) The second player chooses 1 of the first player’s Champions. This Champion cannot be drafted this game.
4) Starting with the first player, players alternate turns and choose 1 of their Champions each time to add to their team, until they have a team of 3 Champions.
5) Each player now has a team of 3 drafted Champions, and 2 Champions that will not be used in this game.