Requires at least 8 Champions to play.
Super Team Tornado is a variant that allows 4 players to take part in one game. In this variant, players form two teams, with each player controlling 2 Champions. Super Team Tornado plays just like the base game, with the following rule changes; all other rules remain the same.
During their turn, a player can activate their Champions and exhaust Cores as normal. Any Actions they play affect their Champions or Allies, which include Champions controlled by their teammate. During an opponent’s turn, a player can play Reactions as normal. As Reactions can be played on any of that player’s Champions, in a Super Team Tornado game, a player’s Reactions may be played on their teammate’s Champions, too.
Each player has a starting hand of 4 cards, and draws a hand of 4 cards during the Upkeep Phase.
The first team to reach a combined total of 7 VPs wins. A team wins or loses together.
In games of Super Team Tornado, the Challenge Track is adjusted by the Challenge Track overlay. When the Challenge Track advances, each Challenge card moves two spaces to the right instead of one, and two new Challenge cards are drawn. When checking scoring conditions during the Scoreboard Phase, players count their teammate’s Champions as their own.
1) Randomise which team will play first.
2) That team chooses one of their players to be the first player and places the First Player token in their play area. Their teammate will be the third player.
3) The other team then chooses one of their players to be the second player. Their teammate will be the fourth player.
4) Players draft Champions using the agreed upon process. Place the base rings of the colour of your choice on the Champions of your team. After Champions are chosen, place each Champion on their player Gate, and their Champion cards on their respective player boards.
5) Each player takes 2 Action decks for their Champions and shuffles them together to form their draw deck.
6) Place the overlay onto the leftmost slot of the Challenge Track, so it lines up with the background. The overlay will cover the Challenge deck and offer a second empty slot. Shuffle the Challenges deck. Draw a Challenge card and place it in the leftmost 1 VP slot on the Challenge Track. Then draw another Challenge card and place it in the rightmost Cannot be Scored slot. Finally, draw a third Challenge card and place it in the leftmost Cannot be Scored slot.
7) In player order, each player places one random face down trap onto a free trap hex of their choice.
8) In player order, each player draws a hand of 4 cards. They may discard any number of those cards and draw a new card for each card they discarded. Then return the discarded cards back to the Action deck and shuffle it.
9) In player order, each player places their Champions on unoccupied hexes in their team’s deployment area.
Like the base game, players will collectively decide whether they wish to freely choose their favourite Champions to play with, or draft Champions using the casual draft or competitive draft rules.
1) Form a common pool of unique Champions (or form a common pool of Champions which includes duplicates. If you choose to do this, duplicate Champions may not be drafted by the same team).
2) The second player drafts 1 Champion.
3) The first player drafts 1 Champion.
4) The fourth player drafts 1 Champion.
5) The third player drafts 1 Champion.
6) The second player drafts a second Champion.
7) The first player drafts a second Champion.
8) The fourth player drafts a second Champion.
9) The third player drafts a second Champion.
10) Each player should now have 2 Champions for this game. Return any remaining Champions to the game box.
1) Each player chooses 3 unique Champions before the game or tournament. None of these Champions may be the same as any of their teammate’s Champions.
2) The first player chooses 1 of the second player’s Champions. That Champion is not used in this game.
3) The second player chooses 1 of the first player’s Champions. That Champion is not used in this game.
4) The third player chooses 1 of the fourth player’s Champions. That Champion is not used in this game.
5) The fourth player chooses 1 of the third player’s Champions. That Champion is not used in this game.
6) Each player should now have 2 Champions that will be used in this game and 1 Champion that will not be used.
1) First player’s turn.
2) Second player’s turn.
3) Third player’s turn.
4) Fourth player’s turn.
5) Advance Challenge Track.