In this example, the player would probably choose Route 1 over Route 2 because Route 2 would move their Ninja onto a Lantern Tile.
DIRECTION OF PLAY: see small red arrow and circle.
- In the Co-op Game, Movement cards must be played with the arrow at the top of each pointing towards the Shogun’s Palace.
- In the PvP Game, it must be pointing away from the Shogun’s Palace towards the Blue Forest outside the city wall.
- A Ninja must move the full number and pattern of spaces shown on the route option chosen.
- A Ninja cannot end their movement on the same tile as another Ninja.
- A Ninja cannot end their movement 'off the board'.
See related rule 'Movement Phase: Freeze'.
The Leap Movement Card allows a Ninja to jump
- from one building to another
- over a waterway (in the Imperial Gardens)
- over a Guard
- over a Trap
A Leaping Ninja will always have ‘Line of Sight’ to a target when leaping.
If not leaping, a Ninja cannot hit a target through a building, trees or another Ninja or Guard.
See related rule 'Line of Sight'.