Newton is played over a total of six rounds. The object of the game is to score the most victory points by the end of the sixth round. Victory points are earned in the following ways:
- Objective spaces occupied by your color Marker
- Objective spaces occupied by your color Student(s)
- Objective spaces occupied by your color Travel Cube(s)
- Master cards played throughout the game
- Bonus tokens earned throughout the game
There is no tiebreaker- if players are tied for the most victory points at the end of the game, they share the victory!