There are some rule changes for a Competitive vs. Zombie game. The Humans are competing with each other, each racing to be the first to complete all 3 Objectives and be the leader of the group of survivors. However, they are also facing a Zombie Player that is looking to tear apart the Humans’ rocky “alliance.”
1. The 3 Objective Cards have the “Competitive Objective” side visible.
2. Flip the Courtyard over so its “Competitive Courtyard” side is visible. Place 1 Survivor Token in each colored symbol for each Player. If there are only 2 Human Players, stack 2 Survivor Tokens on top of each other in each colored symbol of each of the 2 Players.
3. Each Player’s own colored Objective Markers are used to track progress on the Objective Cards.
If a Human Player is Eaten Alive, they give both their Player Card and 1 Survivor Token to the Zombie Player (the Zombie Player may never have more than 3 Zombie Cards). The Human Player then drops/places all cards beside their current Store, draws a new random Player Card from the box, and returns their ITEMeeple to the Courtyard (see Eaten Alive).
If a Zombie Damages the Barricade and reduces it to “0,” they take 1 Survivor Token from the Player with the fewest Wounds who still has a Survivor Token. If there is a tie for the fewest Wounds, take from the one with the most Ammo. If there is still a tie, then amongst the tied Players, take from the Player who is going to be the next active Player.
Human Victory: Complete all 3 Objectives on your own, and the game ends immediately. You become the Leader of your group of survivors and win the game!
• A Human Player dies without any Survivor Tokens to give.
• The Zombie Player collects 1 Survivor Token from each Human (or 2 Survivor Tokens in a 2 Human game)
• All cards from the Search Deck are revealed and each Human Player has taken one more final Turn without winning the game.