The scientific cards earn victory points in two very different ways: from sets of identical symbols and from sets of 3 different symbols.
Be careful: the victory points earned by both methods are cumulative. That means that each symbol can be used to score for both sets, identical symbols and different symbols.
Sets of identical symbols
1) For each of the 3 existing scientific symbols, the player wins the following points:
• only 1 symbol: 1 victory point
• 2 identical symbols: 4 victory points
• 3 identical symbols: 9 victory points
• 4 identical symbols: 16 victory points
2) Sets of 3 Different Symbols
For each group of 3 different symbols, each player scores 7 victory points.