The game is played over the course of several rounds. Each round is divided into three steps:
Each player simultaneously chooses a phase card from their hand and places it facedown. A player is not allowed to pick the same phase two rounds in a row.
During this step, players resolve the phases that were chosen during the planning step. There are no turns, so each player plays each phase at the same time. All players may participate in the selected phases, but players only receive bonuses for the phase they selected. Bonuses are printed in the bottom section of the phase cards. The chosen phases are always resolved in the following order:
I. DEVELOPMENT PHASE
• Each player may play one green project card from their hand by paying its cost.
II. CONSTRUCTION PHASE
• Each player may play one blue or one red project card from their hand by paying its cost.
III. ACTION PHASE
• Each player may resolve the “Action:” ability on each of their blue cards in play once.
IV. PRODUCTION PHASE
• Each player collects MC equal to their TR and resources based on their green cards and their corporation card.
V. RESEARCH PHASE
• Each player draws two cards, keeps one, and discards the other.
During this step, each player discards down to ten cards in hand. For each card discarded this way, that player gains 3 MC as normal. Flip all of the phase tracker tokens so that the closed door side is faceup, and start the next round. The game ends when all of the global parameters have been completed. The player with the most VP wins!