Each hero shows a number of die faces:
• Alchemist (3x Magic)
• Dragon Slayer (1x Shield and 1x Magic)
• Engineer (1x Tunnel "2" and 1x Pickaxe)
• Prospector (1x Gem and 1x Pickaxe)
• Surveyor (1x Tunnel "1" and 1x Magic)
• Treasurer (1x Gem & 1x Double Treasure Chests)
For example: the Dragon Slayer shows a Shield of a Tool die and a one-magic symbol of a Magic die.
A player uses and scores these hero die faces as though they were physical dice in their trove. The only exceptions are that they cannot be rerolled with magic dice and are not rerolled between rounds.
So, for example, the one-magic faces can be spent for rerolls in the Magic Phase, tunnel faces showing 1 can be scored as the first die in a multi-die sequence in the scoring phase, and so on.
Each face shown on a Hero can be used or scored once per round.