In Vote Counting phase, you check if you matches the criteria of all the Vote tokens. If matched, you take the Vote tokens from players and/or token area.
For each region/ constituency token,
- The first player whose Office has at least 2 of that region/ constituency takes BOTH 1st and 2nd tokens respectively;
- The second player whose Office has at least 2 of that region/ constituency takes 2nd token from the first player;
- Later in the game, 1st token goes to the player with the most of that region/ constituency. 2nd token goes to the player with the second most of that region/ constituency. In the case of a tie, current owner of the token has the advantage.
- When token-taking cannot be resolved by the above steps, token is returned to the token area.
For achievement tokens, see Vote tokens.
Current votes is counted by the sum of:
- Votes gained on all Vote tokens in your Office;
- Fulfillment Votes of all public Strategy cards in your Office; and,
- Votes rewarded from the uppermost effects of zone cards in your Office.
Example: Taking tokens & Calculating Current Votes
Since Reed is the first player to get at least 2 Hong Kong Island zones stacked in her Office, she gets BOTH the 1st and 2nd Hong Kong Island Vote tokens, which are worth 4 and 2 Votes.
Reed already has a 2nd Residential Vote token, which is worth 2 Votes.
Fulfilment Votes from Reed's private Strategy is NOT counted towards her Current Votes.
Therefore, Reed's Current Votes are 4+2+2 = 8 Votes.
Then, in Grente's turn, he confirms Aberdeen and now has 2 Hong Kong Island zones in his Office.
Grente is the second player to have 2 Hong Kong Island zones stacked in his Office, he gets from Reed the 2nd Hong Kong Island Vote token, which is worth 2 Votes.
Grente already has the Ticket Achievement Vote token, which is worth 2 Votes.
In his public Strategy, Grente has fulfilled 1 zone, so accordingly he loses 1 Vote. Therefore, Grente's Current Votes are 2+2-1 = 3 Votes.
Later in the game, Violet confirms Wan Chai and now has 3 Hong Kong Island zones in her Office.
Since Violet now has the most Hong Kong Island zones, she takes the 1st Hong Kong Island token from Reed.
[Grente keeps his 2nd token and DOES NOT transfer it to Reed.]
Violet's private Strategy is NOT counted towards her Current Votes.
Therefore, Violet's Current Votes are 4 Votes.