1. Place the board in the center of the play area: Team side up.
2. Place the mutation tiles near the board in 4
distinct piles. These are the mutated versions
of the ice monsters that will be used during
3. Each player receives two Explorer tiles and chooses one that he/she will place face up in front of him/her. It represents his/her landing area on the planet. This tile defines his/her special ability. The other Explorer tile is placed ship side up near the central board. These face down explorer tiles will be used to assign a hand of tiles during the drafting phase.
4. Shuffle the monster tiles together. The number changes depending on the number of players (the tiles bearing a 5+ are only used in games with 5 or 6 players). Make piles of 10 tiles each, and place one pile on each player’s ship. The last piles are placed on the side.
Place permanent medals.
Desert, Rune and Penalty medals.
Choose 2 types of medals.
- Lake or Grassland/Swamp type medals.
- Lava or Ice type medals.
- Different landscapes medal can be put on the both spots.